National University Cancer Institute, Singapore (NCIS)
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, National University Hospital (NUH)
Dr Arvind Sinha is a Senior Consultant at NCIS and the Department of Diagnostic Imaging, NUH. He received his medical degree from Rajendra Institute of Medical Science, India and subsequently did his ACGME nuclear medicine residency from The Christ Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. He also did his fellowship in Nuclear Oncology and PET from Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre (MSKCC), Weill cornel Medical College, New York, New York USA. He became Fellow of European Board of Nuclear Medicine-FEBNM and the Academy of Medicine-FAMS, Singapore. His professional affiliations include memberships of American Society of Nuclear Medicine-SNM, European Association of Nuclear Medicine-EANM and Radiology Society of Singapore. Dr Sinha’s research interests are PET/CT metabolic imaging, targeted radio-immunotherapy and nuclear cardiac imaging.
Education and Fellowships
MBBS (Rajendra Institute of Medical Science, India), EBNM, FAMS, ACGME (accredited residency from The Christ Hospital, University of Cincinnati, Ohio, USA), Fellowship in Nuclear Oncology & PET/CT (from Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, USA)
- PET/CT metabolic imaging
- Targeted radio-immunotherapy
- Nuclear cardiology
Awards and Honours
- Best Communication (oral/poster) for European Association of Nuclear Medicine 2010 (EANM '10)
- Correction for oral contrast artifacts in CT attenuation-corrected PET images obtained by combined PET/CT. Sadek A. Nehmeh, Yusuf Erdi, Hovanes Kalaigian, Katherine S, Tinsu Pan, Henery Yeung, Arvind Sinha, Steve M. Larson and John Humm, The Journal Of Nuclear Medicine, Vol 44, No. 12, Dec 2003
- Reversed Robin Hood Syndrome in a Patient with Luxury Perfusion after Acute Ischemic Stroke. Vijay K Sharma, MD, Hock Luen Teoh, Prakash R Paliwal, Vincent F Chong, Bernard PL Chan, Arvind K Sinha Circulation 2010.
- Chronic Brainstem Ischemia in Subclavian Steal Syndrome Vijay K Sharma, Benjamin Chuah, Hock L Teoh, Bernard PL Chan, Arvind K Sinha, Peter A Robless Journal of Clinical Neuroscience 2010.
- Multimodality Evaluation of Intracranial Vasodilatory Reserve in Carotid Artery Disease Vijay K. Sharma, Aravind K. Sinha, Hock L. Teoh, Bernard P.L. Chan, Benjamin K.C.Ong. J Cl Neurosciences 2009 Jun;16(6):810, 858
- Role of Multimodal Evaluation of Cerebral Hemodynamics in Selecting Patients with Symp-tomatic Carotid or Middle Cerebral Artery Steno-occlusive Disease for Revascularization. Vijay K. Sharma, Georgios Tsivgoulis, Chou Ning, Hock L. Teoh, Chrisostomos Bairaktaris, Vincent F.H. Chong, Benjamin K.C.Ong, Bernard P.L. Chan, Arvind K. Sinha. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Neurology 2008; 1(4):96-101.
Updated as of 1 October 2014