Senior Consultant, Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, National University Hospital (NUH)
Assistant Professor, Department of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, National University of Singapore (NUS)
Director of SHOLEC (Singapore Hands On Live Endoscopy Course)
Director of Endoscopy Training, Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Dr Doshi works as a Senior Consultant in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, NUH. His major interest is in Advanced Endoscopy.
Dr Doshi obtained his basic medical degree (BMBS) in 1997 from Nottingham University (UK). He obtained the membership of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the UK, MRCP (UK) in 2001 and later achieved his certificate in completion in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine from the Mersey (Liverpool) Deanery,UK. He then underwent an advanced fellowship programme in The University Hospital Aintree, Liverpool in 2008. Here he gained expertise in therapeutic endosonograpy and therapeutic ERCP for complex biliary strictures.
As a clinician, Dr Doshi main focus has always been patient care and continues to provide both diagnostic and advanced therapeutic gastrointestinal care for his patients.
Education & Fellowships
BMedSci. (Hons), BMBS (Nottingham), MRCP, CCT Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine (UK)
- Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy (basic and complex)
- Endoscopic ultrasonography (EUS) and therapy
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatography (ERCP)
- Bowel cancer screening
- Endoscopic mucosal resection
- Endoscopic stenting
- British Society of Gastroenterology Travelling fellowship to MUSC South Carolina 2008
- SQ awards Service ambassador 7th Oct 2011 (Alexandra Hospital)
Posters and Publications
- B. Doshi, K.Bodger, R.Sturgess, S.Sarkar: ENDOSCOPIC TRAINING AND ADVERSE OUTCOMES : BSG 2006 and DDW 2006.
- B.Doshi et al: Safe sedation in endoscopic procedures: impact of pethidine on 30-day post-procedure mortality. BSG 2008.
- B.Doshi et al: Colorectal cancer found during colonoscopy: how many biopsies are necessary? BSG 2008 and submitted to DDW 2008.
- B.Doshi, S.Sarkar: ‘Chloramphenicol eye drops can induce acute hepatitis’-BMJ. 2009 Jun 12.
- Soh TI, Doshi BK, Putti TC, Ang BW, Aw DC, Cheong WK, Lee SC, Chuah BY. Common bile duct obstruction by intraluminal colorectal metastasis without evidence of liver or intraabdominal nodal metastasis. Int J Colorectal Dis. 2012 Jan;27(1):127-8. Epub 2011 Apr.
- Lim LG1, Lakhtakia S, Ang TL, Vu CK, Dy F, Chong VH, Khor CJ, Lim WC, Doshi BK, Varadarajulu S, Yasuda K, Wong JY, Chan YH, Nga ME, Ho KY; Asian EUS Consortium. Factors determining diagnostic yield of endoscopic ultrasound guided fine-needle aspiration for pancreatic cystic lesions: a multicentre Asian study. Dig Dis Sci. 2013 Jun;58(6):1751-7.
Updated as of 4 September 2017