National University Cancer Institute, Singapore (NCIS)
Department of Pathology, National University Hospital
Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Dr Diana Lim is a Senior Consultant pathologist in the Department of Pathology, National University Health System. She graduated from the National University of Singapore in 2001 and completed her postgraduate training at the National University Hospital, Singapore. She was awarded Fellowship of the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia and Royal College of Pathologists (UK) in 2008. Dr Lim was awarded the Human Manpower Development Programme (HMDP) fellowship and underwent subspecialty training in gynaecological pathology at the Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston in 2010. She also received the Academic Medicine Development Award (AMDA) for a 1 year fellowship at Dr Marc Ladanyi’s lab at the Memorial Sloane Kettering Cancer Center in New York from 2012-2013.
Education and Fellowships
MBBS (S’pore), FRCPath, FRCPA
- Gynaecologic pathology
- Diagnostic molecular pathology
- Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists, UK
- Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia
- HPV16 E2 is an immediate early marker of viral infection, preceding E7 expression in precursor structures of cervical carcinoma. Xue Y, Bellanger S, Zhang W, Lim D, Low J, Lunny D, Thierry F. Cancer Res. 2010 Jul 1;70(13):5316-25.
- Diverse phenotypic profile of uterine tumors resembling ovarian sex cord tumors: an immunohistochemical study of 12 cases. De Leval L, Lim GS, Waltregny D, Oliva E. Am J Surg Pathol. 2010 Dec;34(12):1749-61.
- Nonendometrioid endometrial carcinomas. Lim D. Oliva E. Semin Diagn Pathol 2010;27(4): 241-260.
- Dual-colour HER2/chromosome 17 chromogenic in situ hybridisation enables accurate assessment of HER2 genomic status in ovarian tumours. Yan B, Choo SN, Mulyadi P, Srivastava S, Ong CW, Yong KJ, Putti T, Salto-Tellez M, Lim GS. J Clin Pathol. 2011 Dec;64(12):1097-101.
- Loss of HPV16 E2 Protein Expression Without Disruption of the E2 ORF Correlates with Carcinogenic Progression. Xue Y, Lim D, Zhi L, He P, Abastado JP, Thierry F.Open Virol J. 2012;6:163-72.
- Old versus new FIGO staging systems in predicting overall survival in patients with uterine leiomyosarcoma: a study of 86 cases. Lim D, Wang WL, Lee CH, Dodge T, Gilks B, Oliva E. Gynecol Oncol. 2013 Feb;128(2):322-6.
- Endocervical involvement in endometrial adenocarcinoma is not prognostically significant and the pathologic assessment of the pattern of involvement is not reproducible. Zaino RJ, Abendroth C, Yemelyanova A, Oliva E, Lim D, Soslow R, Delair D, Hagemann IS, Montone K, Zhu J.Gynecol Oncol. 2013 Jan;128(1):83-7.
- Precursors and pathogenesis of ovarian carcinoma. Lim D, Oliva E. Pathology 2013; Apr;45(3):229-42.
- Interobserver variability in the interpretation of tumor cell necrosis in uterine leiomyosarcoma. Lim D, Alvarez T, Nucci MR, Gilks B, Longacre T, Soslow RA, Oliva E. Am J Surg Pathol 2013 May;37(5):650-8.
Updated as of 8 January 2015