Division of Surgical Oncology (Thoracic Surgery), National University Cancer Institute, Singapore (NCIS)
Consultant Department of Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, NUHCS
Assistant Programme Director NUH Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency Program
Dr Harish is a Consultant in the Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Cardiac, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery at the National University Hospital Singapore.
He graduated in 2004 and completed his basic surgical training in Malaysia. He joined the National University Hospital Singapore in 2009 where he began his training in cardiothoracic surgery. He served as the chief registrar from 2012-2013 and completed his advance surgical training in cardiothoracic surgery in 2014 where he was awarded the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
Dr Harish has a strong passion for mentoring and training cardiothoracic residents and is currently the Assistant Programme Director for the NUH Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency Program. His main interest is in VATS surgery for lung pathologies, surgery for diseases of the chest wall and thoracic trauma.
Education and Fellowships
MBBS, MRCS (Edinburgh), FRCS CTh (Edinburgh), FAMS
Specialty Diseases and Conditions
- General thoracic surgery
- Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery
- Uniportal VATS (Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery) for
- Lung biopsy, pleural biopsy
- Lobectomy for lung cancer
- Decortication for pleural empyema and infection
- Bullectomy, pleurodesis/pleurectomy for pneumothorax
- Thymectomy for myasthenia gravis and thymomas
- Thoracic sympathectomy for hyperhidrosis or sweaty palms
- Chest wall trauma and rib fracture fixation
- Chest wall tumors and reconstruction
- Tumors of the mediastinum
- Pectus Excavatum repair (Nuss Procedure)
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Fellow of Academy of Medicine Singapore
- Member of Singapore Medical Association
- Mithiran Harish, Jai Sule, Faizus Sazzad, Yilin Ong, Lian Kah Ti, and Theo Kofidis. "Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery atrial clipping for atrial fibrillation." Asian Cardiovascular and Thoracic Annals 24, no. 4 (2016): 372-374.
- Mithiran Harish, Glenn Kunnath Bonney, Saideep Bose, Srinivas Subramanian, Zan Ng Zhe Yan, Seth Yeak Zong En, Evangelos Papadimas, Ishaan Chauhan, Graeme MacLaren, and Theodoros Kofidis. "A score for predicting Acute Kidney Injury following coronary artery bypass graft surgery in an Asian population." Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia (2016).
Updated as of 4 January 2017