National University Cancer Institute, Singapore (NCIS)
Division of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, University Medicine Cluster, National University Hospital (NUH)
Dr Khoo Kay Leong completed his Basic and Advanced Speciality Training in Singapore. In 2002, he underwent interventional pulmonary training at both Center Laser, Saint Marguerite’s Hospital in Marseille and Canisius Wilhelmina Hospital in Nijmegen. He was the Clinical Director of the Division of Respiratory & Critical Care Medicine from 2010-2015, teaches at the Yong Yoo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore and is core faculty of the NUHS Respiratory Medicine Senior Residency Program. His professional affiliations include Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians and member of the Singapore Thoracic Society.
Education and Fellowships
MBBS (NUS), M.Med (Int Med), FAMS (Respiratory Medicine and Intensive Care Medicine), FCCP
- Lung cancer
- Pleural and airway diseases
- Lee P, Khoo KL. A review of current bronchoscopic interventions for obstructive airway disease. Ther Adv Respir Dis 2012.
- Khoo KL. Mediastinal re-staging of non small-cell lung cancer. Thoracic Cancer 2012;3:145-9.
- Khoo KL, Ho KY. Endoscopic Mediastinal Staging of Lung Cancer. Respir Med. 2011 Apr;105:515-8.
- Khoo KL, Ho KY , Khor CJ, Nilsson B, Lim TK. First endoscopic procedure for diagnosis and staging of mediastinal lymphadenopathy. World J Gastroenterol. 2009 Dec 28;15:6096-101.
- Khoo KL, Ho KY, Nilsson B, Lim TK. EUS-guided FNA immediately after unrevealing transbronchial needle aspiration in the evaluation of mediastinal lymphadenopathy: A prospective study. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 2006;63:215-20.
- Chong CF,Khoo KL, Lim TK, Chang AY, Lim HL, Lee CN, Wong PS. Comparison of Clinical with Pathological Nodal Staging from Systematic Mediastinal Lymph Node Dissection in early resectable Non-small Cell Lung Cancer. Singapore Med J 2007;48:620-4.
- Khoo KL, Chua GS, Mukhopadhay A, Lim TK. Transbronchial needle aspiration: Initial experience in routine diagnostic bronchoscopy. Respir Med. 2003;97:1200-4.
Updated as of 27 June 2017