Division of Surgical Oncology (Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery), National University Cancer Institute, Singapore (NCIS)
Division of General Surgery (Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery), University Surgical Cluster, National University Hospital (NUH)
Dr Kim Guowei graduated from National University of Singapore, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine in 2007. He did his surgical residency at the National University Hospital, Singapore and served as Chief Resident in the Department of General Surgery. He completed his general surgical training in 2016, obtaining the qualifications of MRCS (Edinburgh) in 2011, MMed (General Surgery) in 2015 and FRCS (Edinburgh) in 2016. Dr Kim was accredited as a specialist in General Surgery by the specialist accreditation board in 2016.
With a keen interest in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and education, Dr Kim holds an appointment as Clinical Lecturer for the Department of Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore since 2014. He has also served as an instructor at workshops in diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy as well as in laparoscopic surgery locally as well as in Malaysia and Bangladesh. Dr Kim is active in academia and research, having authored several publications and book chapters as well as presenting frequently at international meetings.
- Upper gastrointestinal surgery (including esophageal and gastric cancer)
- Metabolic and bariatric surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy
- Single-port endo-laparoscopic surgery in combined abdominal procedures; Asian J Endosc Surg. 2013 Aug;6(3):209-13. doi: 10.1111/ases.12037. PMID: 23879412.
- Single-incision laparoscopic hepatic resection in patients with previous hepatic resections: a mini case series; Asian J Endosc Surg. 2014 Jan;7(1):63-6. doi: 10.1111/ases.12072. PMID: 24450347.
- Two or Combined Procedures. In: Toshiyuki Mori, Giovanni Dapri, Reduced Port Laparoscopic Surgery; Springer; 2014. pp 483-489.
- Goal-directed program after sleeve gastrectomy improves weight loss – Oral presentaion at AMPBSS April 2014; Oral presentation (Top 15 Posters) at Obesity Week/American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, Nov 2014; Published in Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2016 Mar-Apr;12(3):518-21. doi: 10.1016/j.soard.2015.11.014. PMID: 26944549.
- Is Elective Gastroscopy Prior to Bariatric Surgery in an Asian Cohort Worthwhile? – Obes Surg. 2016 Sep;26(9):2156-60. doi: 10.1007/s11695-016-2060-0. PMID: 26780361.
- Tips and tricks to avoid bile duct injury in SILC: an experience of 500 cases – Surg Endosc. 2016 Nov;30(11):4750-4755. PMID: 26932550.
- Extensive peritoneal lavage after curative gastrectomy for gastric cancer (EXPEL): study protocol of an international multicentre randomised controlled trial – Jpn J Clin Oncol. 2017 Feb 26;47(2):179-184. PMID: 27889694.
- Totally extra-peritoneal repair for acute incarcerated femoral hernia with intestinal obstruction – Int J Surg Case Rep. 2017;32:16-18. PMID: 28214396.
- The Early Effect of Laporascopic Sleeve Gastrectomy on Taste Change in a Multiethnic Asian Cohort – Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2017 Jun;46(6):254-255. PMID: 28733692.
- Paracaecal hernia: uncommon but important cause of small bowel obstruction successfully managed with laparoscopic surgery – ANZ J Surg. 2017. PMID: 29205731.
- An unfortunate soul: a rare presentation of an uncommon pathology for upper gastrointestinal bleeding – ANZ J Surg. 2017. PMID: 29216681.
- Single-Incision Laparoscopic Transgastric Underrunning and Closure of Cameron Ulcers in Acute Gastrointestinal Bleeding – J Gastrointest Surg. 2018 Mar;22(3):553-556. PMID: 29352439.
Updated as of 15 January 2019