||Senior Consultant, Department of Haematology-Oncology, National University Cancer Institute, Singapore (NCIS)|
Dr Koh is a senior consultant at the Department of Haematology-Oncology. After receiving his undergraduate medical degree from the National University of Singapore, he continued his internal medicine training before obtaining his membership from the Royal College of Physicians of the United Kingdom. He then undertook his advanced specialist training in haematology before pursuing his training in haematopoietic stem cell transplantation under the Adult Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) Program at the Duke University Medical Center in USA. His research interest focuses mainly on clinical haematopoietic stem cell and umbilical cord blood transplantation for adults with haematological diseases.
Education and Fellowships
MBBS (S'pore), MRCP
- Infectious complications in patients with haematological malignancies and haematopoietic cell transplantation
- Hwang WYK, Koh LP, Lim, ST, Linn YC, Loh YS, Koh MBC, Diong CP, Lee JJ, Zhang XH, Rajgor D, Gandhi M, Shah A, Goh YT. Multi-centre study of comparative outcomes of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma (PTCL) and Natural Killer/T- Cell (NK/T) lymphoma. Leuk Lymphoma. 2011 ;52:1382-6.
- Poon ML, KOH LP. Successful treatment of isohemagglutinin-mediated Pure Red Cell Aplasia after ABO-mismatched Allogeneic Haematopoietic Cell Transplant using Bortezomib. Bone Marrow Transplantation 2011 2012 Jun;47(6):870-1
- Hsu LY, Ng ES, Koh LP. Common and emerging fungal pulmonary infections. Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2010 Sep;24(3):557-77
- Leong SM, Tan BX, Bte Ahmad B, Yan T, Chee LY, Koh LP, Yeoh AE, Koay ES, Mok YK, Lim TM. Mutant nucleophosmin deregulates cell death and myeloid differentiation through excessive caspase-6 and -8 inhibition. Blood. 2010; 116; 3286-96.
- Koh LP, Chao N. Haploidentical hematopoietic cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2008 ; 42 Suppl 1:S60-S63.
- Koh LP, Rizzieri DA, Chao NJ. Allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant using mismatched/haploidentical donors Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2007 ;13:1249-67.
- Koh LP, Chao NJ. Nonmyeloablative allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant using mismatched/haploidentical donors: A review. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2008; 40:20-4.
- Koh LP , Chen CS, Tai BC, Hwang WYK, Tan LK , Ng HY, Linn YC, Koh MBC, Goh YT, Tan B, Lim S, Lee YM, Tan KW, Liu TC, Ng HJ, Loh YSM, Mow BMF , Tan DCL, Tan PHC. Impact of Postgrafting Immunosuppressive Regimens on Nonrelapse Mortality and Survival after Nonmyeloablative Allogeneic Haematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Using the Fludarabine and Low Dose Total Body Irradiation 200-cGy. Biology of Blood Marrow Transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2007 ; 13:790-805.
- Hwang WYK, Samuel M, Tan D, Koh LP, Lim W, Linn YC A Meta-analysis of Unrelated Donor Umbilical Cord Blood Transplantation versus Unrelated Donor Bone Marrow Transplantation in Adult and Paediatric Patients. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation. 2007 ;13: 444-53.
- Rizzieri DA, Koh LP, Long GD, Gasparetto C, Sullivan KM, Horwitz M, Chute J, Smith C, Gong JZ, Lagoo A, Niedzwiecki D, Dowell JM, Waters-Pick B, Liu C, Marshall D, Vredenburgh JJ, Gockerman J, Decastro C, Moore J, Chao NJ. Partially Matched, Nonmyeloablative Allogeneic Transplantation: Clinical Outcomes and Immune Reconstitution. J Clin Oncol. 2007 ;25: 690-7.
- Loh YSM, Koh LP, Tai BC, Hwang WYK, Linn YC, Goh YT, Tan PHC. Long-term follow-up of Asian patients younger than 46 years with acute myeloid leukemia in first complete remission: comparison of allogeneic vs. autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Leukemia and Lymphoma. 2007 Jan;48(1):72-9.
- Koh LP, Koh MBC, Ng HY, Hwang WYK, Goh YT, Linn YC, Ng HJ, Chuah CTH, Tan KW, Loh YSM, Tan DCL, Tan PHC.Allogeneic haematopoietic stem cell transplantation for patients with severe aplastic anaemia following nonmyeloablative conditioning using 200 cGy total body irradiation and fludarabine. Biology of Blood Marrow Transplantation 2006 Aug;12(8):887-90.
- Koh LP, Nelson J Chao. Umbilical cord blood transplantation in adults using myeloablative and nonmyeloablative preparative regimens. Biology of Blood Marrow Transplantation 2004: 10; 1-22.
- Chao NJ, Koh LP, Long GD, Gasparetto C, Horwitz M, Morris A, Lassiter M, Sullivan KM, Rizzieri DA. Adult recipients of umbilical cord blood transplants after nonmyeloablative preparative regimens. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2004 Aug;10(8):569-75.
- Koh LP, WYK Hwang, Tan CH, et al. Long Term Follow-up of Asian Patients with Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML) receiving Allogeneic Haematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT) From HLA-Identical Sibling - Evaluation of Risk and Benefits Annals of Hematology 2004 May;83(5):286-94.
- Hwang WYK, Koh LP, Ng HJ, et al. A Randomized Trial Of Amifostine As A Cytoprotectant For Patients Receiving Myeloablative Therapy For Allogeneic Haematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplantation: 2004 Jul;34(1):51-6.
- Koh LP, Hwang WY, Chuah CT, Linn YC, Goh YT, Tan CH, Ng HJ, Tan PH. Imatinib mesylate (STI-571) given concurrently with nonmyeloablative stem cell transplantation did not compromise engraftment and resulted in cytogenetic remission in a patient with chronic myeloid leukemia in blast crisis. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2003 Feb;31(4):305-8.
- Koh LP, Kurup A, Goh YT, Fook-Chong SM, Tan PH. Randomized trial of fluconazole versus low-dose amphotericin B in prophylaxis against fungal infections in patients undergoing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. American Journal of Hematology. 2002 Dec;71(4):260-7.
- Lim LC, Koh LP, Tan P. Fatal cytokine release syndrome with chimeric anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody rituximab in a 71-year-old patient with chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 1999 Jun;17(6):1962-3.
- Koh LP, Lim LC. Cerebellar toxicity following hyperCVAD regimen for acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. British Journal of Haematology. 1999 Mar;104(3):644-5.
- Koh LP, Nelson J Chao. Nonmyeloablative cord blood transplantation. Book Chapter in AABB Press Book Titled “ Cord Blood: Biology, Immunology, Banking, and Clinical Transplantation” Bethesda, Maryland: AABB Press, 2004:301-35. (Book Chapter)
- Koh LP, Rizzieri DA. Strategies for T Cell Depletion to Prevent Graft versus Host Disease. Book Chapter in “Immunosuppression: New Research”. Charles B. Taylor ed. 2009 Nova Science Publishers, Inc. (Book Chapter)
- Koh LP, Rizzieri DA, Chao NJ. Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Across Genetic Barriers Using Nonmyeloablative Conditioning Regimen. Book Chapter in “ Bone Marrow Transplantation Across Genetic Barriers”. World Scientific Publishing Co. 2010 (Book Chapter)
Updated 26 Mar 2013