Consultant, Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, National University Hospital
Clinical Lecturer, Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore
Dr Juanda graduated from University of North Sumatera (Indonesia) and subsequently underwent his internal medicine training (Master of Internal Medicine) in University of Malaya (Malaysia) from 2004 to 2008. He continued his training in Gastroenterology and Hepatology in University of Malaya (Malaysia) from 2008 to 2010 until he joined the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, National University Hospital in 2010. Dr Juanda obtained the Membership of Royal College of Physician of United Kingdom (MRCP) (UK) in 2009. He was accredited as Gastroenterology/Hepatology specialist in 2014 by the Specialty Accreditation Board in Singapore after he underwent Advanced Specialty Training (AST) in NUH, and at the same year, passed the specialty certificate exam in gastroenterology/hepatology by Royal College of Physician UK. His clinical and research interests are inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and general gastroenterology/hepatology. He is also actively involved in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education and is a core faculty in senior residency programme in Gastroenterology/Hepatology.
Education and Fellowships
M.Med (Internal Medicine) (Mal), MRCP(UK)
Specialty and Research Interests
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- General Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Clinical Nutrition
Awards and Honours
- Consolation prize Young Investigator Award GUT Malaysia in 2008
- Consolation prize Young Investigator Award GUT Malaysia in 2009
- SPARK award (National University Hospital)
- Hartono JL, Qua CS, Goh KL. Non-erosive reflux disease (NERD), symptomatic and asymptomatic erosive reflux disease (ERD): from hypersensitive to hyposensitive esophagus. Dig Dis Sci. 2011 Jan;56(1):90-6. Epub 2010 May 14.
- Hilmi I, Hartono JL, Goh KL. Negative perception in those at highest risk--potential challenges in colorectal cancer screening in an urban asian population. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2010;11(3):815-22.
- Hartono JL, Mahadeva S, Goh KL. Anxiety and depression in various functional gastrointestinal disorders: do differences exist? Journal of Digestive Diseases 05/2012; 13(5):252-7.
- Khor C JL, Hartono JL. Current guidelines for endoscopy in patients receiving antithrombotic medication. Gastrointestinal Intervention. 12/2012; 1(1):58–62.
- Hartono JL, Aung MO, Dan YY, Gowans M, Lim K, Lee YM, Lee GH, Low HC, Tan PS, Thwin MA, Soon C, Chiu L-L, Khoo MJ, Koay E, Lim SG. Resolution of adefovir-related nephrotoxicity by adefovir dose-reduction in patients with chronic hepatitis B. Alimentary Pharmacology & Therapeutics 04/2013; 37(7):710-9.
- Hilmi I, Hartono JL, Pailoor J, Mahadeva S, Goh KL. Low prevalence of 'classical' microscopic colitis but evidence of microscopic inflammation in Asian Irritable Bowel Syndrome patients with diarrhea. BMC Gastroenterology 05/2013; 13(1):80.
- Ong DE, Kamm MA, Hartono JL, Lust M. Addition of Thiopurines Can Recapture Response in Patients with Crohn's Disease who Have Lost Response to Anti-Tnf Monotherapy. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013 Oct;28(10):1595-9.