Senior Consultant, Department of Radiation Oncology, National University Cancer Institute, Singapore (NCIS)
Clinical Director, Department of Radiation Oncology, National University Cancer Institute, Singapore (NCIS) and NCIS @ Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH)
Assistant Professor, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore
Dr Leong graduated from National University of Singapore in 1998. He received his postgraduate training in radiation oncology at National University Hospital, Singapore and Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Melbourne, Australia. Dr Leong currently practices as a senior consultant radiation oncologist at the National University Cancer Institute, Singapore (NCIS), with special interest in stereotactic body radiation therapy, lung, gastrointestinal and liver, pancreatic and bilary (HPB) cancers.
After completing his training in stereotactic body radiation therapy in Swedish Cancer Institute in Seattle and University of Colorado in Denver, United States of America, Dr Leong initiated and developed the Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy Program in National University Cancer Institute, Singapore. He is the Course Director for the Stereotactic Ablative Radiotherapy Course and Workshop for the regional radiation oncologists.
Dr Leong is the Clinical Director for Radiation Oncology in National University Cancer Institute, Singapore (NCIS). He is also the Clinical Director for Radiation Oncology in NCIS@TTSH and Clinician Lead in NCIS @NTFGH.
Education and Fellowship
MBBS (Singapore), FRANZCR
Awards and Honours
National University Hospital Safety Champion 2015
Ministry of Health, Human Manpower Developement Program Fellowship 2010
National Healthcare Group SIG Grant of $80K for research project in 2008
Ministry of Health, Human Manpower Development Program Fellowship 2006
Fellow, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists
International Member, American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO)
International Member, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC)
- Efficacy of an integrated continuing medical education (CME) and quality improvement (QI) program on radiation oncologist (RO) clinical practice. Leong CN, Shakespeare TP, Mukherjee RK, Back MF, Lee KM, Lu JJ, Wynne CJ, Lim K, Tang J, Zhang X. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006 Dec 1;66(5):1457-60.
Outcomes of adjuvant chemoradiotherapy after a radical after a radical gastrectomy and a
D2 node dissection for gastric adenocarcinoma. Leong CN, Chung HT, Lee KM, Shakespeare TP, Mukherjee RK, Wong LC, Lu JJ, Tey J, Lim R, So JB, Back MF. Cancer J. 2008 Jul-Aug;14(4):269-75.
- The role of palliative radiation therapy in symptomatic locally advanced gastric cancer. Tey J, Back MF, Shakespeare TP, Mukherjee RK, Lu JJ, Lee KM, Wong LC, Leong CN, Zhu M. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007 Feb 1;67(2):385-8. Epub 2006 Nov 21.
- Proposing the lymphatic target volume for elective radiation therapy for pancreatic cancer: a pooled analysis of clinical evidence. Sun W, Leong CN, Zhang Z, Lu JJ. Radiat Oncol 2010 Apr 15;5:28.
- Evaluating the Impact of Inpatient Accelerated Palliative Radiation Therapy Programme in Reducing Inpatient Hospitalisation. CY Koh, CN Leong. Annals of Academy of Medicine, Singapore. 2013 Sept 42(9);S62.
- Postoperative chemo-radiotherapy versus chemotherapy for resected gastric cancer: A systemic review and meta-analysis. Soon YY, Leong CN, Tey JC, Tham IC, Lu JJ. J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol. 2014 Aug 58(4);483-96.
- Clinical outcome of Palliative Radiotherapy for Locally Advanced Symptomatic Gastric Cancer in the Modern Era. Tey Jeremy, Choo BA, Leong CN, Loy EY, Wong LC, Lim K, Lu JJ, Koh WY. Medicine 2014 Nov; 93(22);e118.
- Oncologic Outcomes of Neoadjuvant Chemoradiation for Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer: A Single-institution Experience. Leong YH, Leong CN, Tay GS, Sim R, Lopez G, Low W, Choo BA, Tey J. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2014 Dec;43(12):569-75.
- EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitors versus cranial radiation therapy for EGFR mutant non-small cell cancer with brain metastases: a systemic review and meta-analysis. Soon YY, Leong CN, Koh WY, Tham IW. Radiother Oncol. 2015 Feb;114(2): 167-72. Epub 2015 Jan 9.
Updated as of 16 November 2016