Senior Consultant, Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, University Medicine Cluster, National University Hospital (NUH)
Director of Endoscopy Centre, NUH
Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore (NUS)
Dr Lim Li Lin attained her basic medical degree from the University of Melbourne, Australia and did her residency training at the Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia. She obtained membership from the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP), United Kingdom (UK) and the Gastroenterology Specialist accreditation from the Ministry of Health in Singapore. Dr Lim was awarded a HMDP (Health Manpower Development Program) scholarship and underwent Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) fellowship training with guidance from Professor Guido Costamagna in Rome, Italy.
She currently holds the position of Senior Consultant in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology and Director, Endoscopy Centre, NUH. In addition to general gastroenterology & hepatology, her area of interest lies in therapeutic endoscopy. She also has a side interest in clinical nutrition. Dr Lim also holds other administrative duties as the NUH CPIP Facilitator for Clinical Improvement.
Education and Fellowships
MBBS (Melbourne, Australia), MRCP (London, UK)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Therapeutic endoscopy
- Clinical nutrition
Awards and Honours
- Star Awards Recipient, National University Hospital - October to December 2006
- Star Awards Recipient, National University Hospital - January to March 2007
- Excellent Service Star Award (EXSA), Singapore -2008
- Excellent Service Award (EXSA) - Doctors Gold Award, Singapore - 2009
- Member, Royal College of Physician
- Member, Australian Medical Association
- Member, Royal Australasian College of Physician
- Member, Singapore Medical Association
- Lim LL, Ho KY, Goh P. Preoperative diagnosis of a paraoesophageal bronchogenic cyst using endosonography. Ann Thorac Surg. 2002;73(2):633-5.
- LL Lim, CT Wai, YM Lee, HL Kong, R Lim, E Koay, SG Lim.Prophylactic lamivudine prevents hepatitis B reactivation in chemotherapy patients. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2002; 16(11): 1939-44.
- LL Lim, KY Ho, B Ho, M Salto-Tellez.The effect of number of biopsies on sensitivity and specificity of ultra-rapid urease test for the detection of Helicobacter pylori infection: A prospective evaluation. World J Gastroenterol 2004; 10(13): 1907-1910.
- Lee-Guan Lim, Andrea Rajnakova, Benedict Yan, Manuel Salto-Tellez, Li-Lin Lim. Recurrent lower gastrointestinal bleeding secondary to cytomegalovirus-associated colonic ulcer in a non-human immunodeficiency virus infected patient: timely diagnosis and treatment averted surgery. Colorectal Diseases 2009; 11(9): 984-5.
- Jia Vui Khu, Li Lin Lim. Helicobacter pylori Eradication Regimens: Is there a Difference? J Pharm Pract Res 2010; 40: 194-8.
- Massimiliano Mutignani, Li Lin Lim, Tom Seerden, Pietro Familiari, Andrea Tringali, Vincenzo Perri, Guido Costamagna. Successful off-label use of enteral stents in uncommon complicated biliary tract diseases. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 2011; 73 (4): 828-832.
- Lim Lee Guan, Khek Yu Ho, Huak Y Chan, Pui Li Teoh, Christopher J Khor, Andrea Rajnakova, Li Lin Lim, Khay Guan Yeoh. Urgent endoscopy is associated with lower mortality in high-risk but not low-risk non-variceal upper gastrointestinal bleeding. Endoscopy 2011; 43 (4): 300-306.
- LG Lim, KY Ho, JBY So, CJK Khor, LL Lim, PL Teoh, KG Yeoh. Diagnosis and treatment of Helicobacter pylori for peptic ulcer bleeding in clinical practise. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2011;26 Suppl 5:16.
- Tong CY, Lim LL, Brody RA. High output enterocutaneous fistula: A literature review and a case study. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 2012; 21 (3): 464-9.
- Lee Guan Lim, Khek Yu Ho, Jimmy BY So, Christopher JL Khor, Li Lin Lim, Pui Li Teoh, Khay Guan Yeoh. Diagnosis and treatment of Helicobacter pylori for peptic ulcer bleeding in clinical practice – factors associated with non-diagnosis and non-treatment, and diagnostic yield in various settings. Turkish Journal of Gastroenterology 2014;25:157-161.
Updated as of 16 December 2015