Dr See Kay Choong
Head and Senior Consultant
National University Cancer Institute, Singapore (NCIS)
Division of Respiratory & Critical Care Medicine, University Medicine Cluster, National University Hospital (NUH)
Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore (NUS)
Associate Designated Institutional Official (Quality in Education & Research), Residency Program, National University Health System (NUHS)
Program Director, Research Residency Program, National University Health System (NUHS)
Dr See completed Advanced Specialty Training in both Respiratory Medicine and Intensive Care Medicine in Singapore. He is competent in bronchoscopy, endobronchial ultrasound, ultrasound-guided pleural procedures and thoracoscopy (pleuroscopy).
Education and Fellowships
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Member, Royal College of Physicians, UK
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh
- Master of Public Health, Harvard School of Public Health, US
- Master of Health Professions Education, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
- European Diploma of Intensive Care Medicine
- Specialist Accreditation in Respiratory Medicine, Singapore
- Specialist Accreditation in Intensive Care Medicine, Singapore
- Fellow, College of Chest Physicians, US
Subspecialties and Areas of Interest
- Intensive Care Medicine
- Cardiopulmonary physiology and critical care ultrasonography
- Pleural disorders and ultrasonography
- Smoking cessation
- Epidemiology and biostatistics
- Healthcare quality improvement
- Theory and practice of medical education
See KC. Delivering E-lectures effectively and efficiently using Google Drive (TM), Med Teach Apr 2017.
See KC, Ong V, Wong SH, Leanda R, Santos J, Taculod J, Phua J, Teoh CM. Lung ultrasound training: Curriculum implementation and learning trajectory among respiratory therapists. Intensive Care Medicine 2016.
See KC, Mukhopadhyay A, Lau SC, Tan SM, Lim TK, Phua J. Shock in the first 24 h of intensive care unit stay: observational study of protocol-based fluid management. Shock 2015 May; 43(5):456-62.
- See KC, Ong V, Teoh CM, Ooi OC, Widjaja L, Mujumdar S, Phua J, Khoo KL, Lee P, Lim TK. Bedside Pleural Procedures by Pulmonologists & Non-Pulmonologists: A Three-Year Safety Audit. Respirology Feb 2014.
- See KC, Ong V, Ng J, Tan RA, Phua J. Basic Critical Care Echocardiography by Pulmonary Fellows: Learning Trajectory and Prognostic Impact using a Minimally-Resourced Training Model. Crit Care Med 2014.
- See KC, Tan KL, Lim TK. The Script Concordance Test for Clinical Reasoning: Reassessing its Utility and Potential Weakness. Medical Education 2014.
- See KC, Phua J, Yip HS, Yeo LL, Lim TK. Identification of concurrent bacterial infection in adult patients with dengue. American Journal of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene Aug 2013.
- See KC, Jamil K, Chua AP, Phua J, Khoo KL, Lim TK. The effect of a pleural checklist on patient safety in the ultrasound era. Respirology Apr 2013.
- See KC, Christiani DC. Normal values and thresholds for the clinical interpretation of exhaled nitric oxide levels in the U.S. General Population: Results from NHANES 2007-2010. Chest Jan 2013.
- See KC, Lee P. Advances in the diagnosis of pleural disease in lung cancer. Ther Adv Respir Dis. 2011 Dec;5(6):409-18. Epub 2011 Jun 22.
Updated as of 13 September 2017