Consultant, Division of Surgical Oncology (Breast Surgery), National University Cancer Institute, Singapore (NCIS)
Consultant, Division of General Surgery (Breast Surgery), University Surgical Cluster, National University Hospital (NUH)
Dr Tang Siau-Wei obtained her BMedSci(Hons) and medical degree from the University of Nottingham (UK), and did her initial surgical training in the Trent Deanery in United Kingdom. She subsequently moved to Singapore and completed her advanced specialist training in General Surgery at National University Hospital and obtained the Fellowship of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK [FRCS(Edin)] in General Surgery.
She has a clinical and research interest in the subspecialty of Breast Surgery and treating patients with breast cancer. She has a research interest in the quality of life in breast cancer survivors, and have published various clinical and research articles in peer reviewed international journals. Outside of work, she has a keen interest in travel and scuba diving, and enjoys visiting places that are ‘off the beaten track’.
Education and Fellowships
BMedSci (Hons), BMBS (Nottingham, UK), M Med (Surgery), MRCS (Eng), FRCS (Edin)
- Breast & Oncoplastic Surgery
Awards and Honours
- Best Oral Presentation - ‘Fertility among male cancer patients, a population based study’. Asian Oncology Summit, Singapore 2012
- Supportive Care Program Research Grant - NCIS Centre Grant Seed Funding Program – 2015
- Ruth M. Parks, , Louise Hall, Siau-Wei Tang, Penny Howard, Radhika Lakshmanan, Linda Winterbottom, David A. Morgan, Davina Porock, Karen Cox, Kwok-Leung Cheung. The potential value of comprehensive geriatric assessment in evaluating older women with primary operable breast cancer undergoing surgery or non-operative treatment — A pilot study. J Geriatr Oncol. 2015 Jan;6(1):46-51. doi: 10.1016/j.jgo.2014.09.180. Epub 2014 Sep 26.
- J. Edward F. Fitzgerald, Siau-Wei Tang, P Ravindra, Charles A. Maxwell-Armstrong. Gender-related perceptions of careers in surgery among new medical graduates: results of a cross-sectional study. Am J Surg. 2013 Jul;206(1):112-9. doi:10.1016/j.amjsurg.2012.04.009.
- JYM Tang, SW Tang, KL Cheung. Optimizing care of elderly women with primary breast cancer. The European Journal of Clinical & Medical Oncology (EJCMO) September 2012, 4(3), 45-53.
- SW Tang, H Parker, L Winterbottom, K Hassell, IO Ellis, DAL Morgan, KL Cheung. Early primary breast cancer in the elderly – Pattern of presentation and treatment. Surg Oncology 2011; 20:7-12. doi: 10.1016/j.suronc.2009.07.004.
- SW Tang, DAL Morgan, L Winterbottom, H Kennedy, D Porock, KL Cheung. Optimising the care of primary breast cancer in older women - potential for a dedicated service. Journal of Geriatric Oncology 2010;1:103-108. doi:10.1016/j.jgo.2010.07.001.
- SW Tang, A Hurria, DAL Morgan, KL Cheung, Breast cancer: is surgery always indicated in older women with breast cancer? Minerva Chir 2010; 65:555-68. PMID: 21081867.
- S Tang, DAL Morgan, KL Cheung. An update of the use of aromatase inhibitors in the management of breast cancer. In: J R Lamonte, eds. “Aromatase inhibitors: Types, Mode of Action and Indications” Nova Science Publishers 2009.
Updated as of 13 September 2017