Dr Wong Lea Choung completed his undergraduate medical education at the University of Melbourne and received his postgraduate fellowship training in clinical oncology through Royal College of Radiologists. Dr Wong is currently practising as a senior consultant radiation oncologist at the National University Cancer Institute, Singapore.
Education and Fellowships
MBBS (Melb), Dip Pall Med (Wales), FRCR (Clin Onco, UK), FAMS
- Head & Neck Cancers
- Skin Cancers
- Palliative Radiation Oncology
Awards & Honours
- Best Presentation Award in NHG Clinical Practice Improvement Programme (CPIP) project, 2005
- Excellent Service Award (Silver), 2007
- Excellent Service Award (Gold), 2008, 2009
- Health Manpower Development Plan (Consultant) Award 2008 (By Ministry of Health Singapore and National Healthcare Group Singapore)
- Overseas Member, Medical Council of Hong Kong
- Member, Hong Kong College of Radiologists
- Fellow, Royal College of Radiologists
- Member, Specialist Registration with Singapore Medical Council
- Fellow, Academy of Medicine Singapore
- Member, Singapore Society of Oncology & Singapore Radiological Society
- Member, European Society of Therapeutic Radiation Oncology
- LC Wong, P Choi. "Malignant Spinal Cord Compression treated with Palliative Radiotherapy: Prince of Wales Hospital’s Experience ." J HK Coll Radiol July 2001;4:202-208. [SCImago Journal Ranking, SJR 0.034].
- Wong LC, Yang TL, Gao F, Tan AM, Sethi VK and Chua EJ. “Intracranial Germ Cell Tumour : Experience of a Singaporean Institution over 11-year period.“ SMJ 2002 Vol 43(4) : 182-188. [SJR 0.075].
- Ng D, Sundram F, Tan J and Wong LC. Rhenium-188 HEDP (etidronate) in the bone pain palliation treatment for bone metastatic disease. In Annual Report 2002 of Department of Clinical Research, Singapore General hospital. Pg 46-8.
- Cheung YB, Ng GY, Wong LC, Koo WH, Tan EH, Tay MH, Lim D, Poon D, Goh C, Tan SB. Measuring quality of life in Chinese cancer patients: A new version of the Functional Living Index – Cancer (Chinese). Annals, Academy of Medicine, Singapore. 2003; 32: 376-80. [Impact Factor 1.004, 2008 JCR Science Edition]
- Wong LC. Interview : Presbyterians in the Frontline of SARS. The Presbyterian Express, July-September 2003, 4-5.
- Cheung YB, Wong LC, Tay MH, Toh CK, Koo WH, Epstein R & Goh C. Order effects in the assessment of quality of life in cancer patients. Quality of Life Research 13:1217-1223, 2004 . [Impact Factor 2.169, 2008 JCR Science Edition]
- Y-B Cheung, C Goh, L-C Wong, G-Y Ng, W-T Lim, S-S Leong, E-H Tan & K-S Khoo. Quick-FLIC: validation of a short questionnaire for assessing quality of life of cancer patients. Britsh Journal of Cancer 2004; 90(9): 1747-1752. [Impact Factor 4.846, 2008 JCR Science Edition]
- J Tey, MF Back, TP Shakespeare, RK Mukherjee, JD Lu, KM Lee, LC Wong, CN Leong, M Zhu. The Role of Palliative Radiation Therapy in Symptomatic Locally Advanced Gastric Cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol, Biol Phys 2007 Feb 1;67(2):385-8. Epub 2006 Nov 21. [Impact Factor 4.839, 2008 JCR Science Edition]
- Leong CN, Chung HT, Lee KM, Shakespeare TP, Mukherjee RK, Wong LC, Lu JJ, Tey J, Lim R, So JB, Back MF. Outcomes of adjuvant chemoradiotherapy after a radical gastrectomy and a D2 node dissection for gastric adenocarcinoma. Cancer J. 2008 Jul-Aug;14(4):269-75. [Impact Factor 2.769, 2008 JCR Science Edition]
- Tang J I; Shakespeare T P; Lu J J; Chan Y H; Lee K M; Wong L C; Mukherjee R K; Back M F. Patients' preference for radiotherapy fractionation schedule in the palliation of symptomatic unresectable lung cancer. Journal of medical imaging and radiation oncology 2008;52(5):497-502. [SJR 0.077]
- Shi J, Cox J, Atyeo J, Loh Y, Choung WL, Back M. Clinician and Therapist perceptions on Radiation Therapist-led treatment reviews in radiation oncology practice. Radiother Oncol 2008 Dec;89(3):361-7. Epub 2008 Jun 2. [Impact Factor 3.990, 2008 JCR Science Edition]
- Koh Liang Piu; Wong Lea Choung; Ng Siok Bian; Poon Michelle L M; Low Jeffrey J H. Primary cutaneous anaplastic large cell lymphoma of the vulva: a typical cutaneous lesion with an 'atypical' presenting site. Int J Hematol 2009;90(3):388-91. [Impact Factor 1.283, 2008 JCR Science Edition]
- Wong Lea Choung; Chan Edwin; Tay Sharon; Lee Khai Mun; Back Michael. Complementary and alternative medicine practices among Asian radiotherapy patients. Asia–Pac J Clin Oncol 2010;6(4):357-63. (Impact Factor 0.23)
- Kristopher Dennis, Liying Zhang, Stephen Lutz, Angela van Baardwijk, Yvette van der Linden, Tanya Holt, Palmira Foro Arnalot, Jean-Leon Lagrange, Ernesto Maranzano, Rico Liu, Kam-Hung Wong, Lea-Choung Wong, Vassilios Vassiliou, Benjamin Corn, Carlo De Angelis, Lori Holden, C. Shun Wong and Edward Chow. International patterns of practice in the management of radiotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting. Int J Radiat Oncol, Biol Phys. 2012 Sept 1;84(1):e49-e60.
- Kristopher Dennis, Liying Zhang, Stephen Lutz, Yvette van der Linden, Angela van Baardwijk, Tanya Holt, Jean-Leon Lagrange, Palmira Foro Arnalot, Lea-Choung Wong, Ernesto Maranzano, Kam-Hung Wong, Rico Liu, Vassilios Vassiliou, Benjamin Corn, Carlo De Angelis, Lori Holden, C. Shun Wong and Edward Chow. International Radiation Oncology Trainee Decision Making in the management of radiotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting. Supp Care Cancer 2013; 21(7):2041-48. Online publication DOI 10.1007/s00520-013-1759-x.
- Gokula Kumar Appalanaido, Earnest Arul, Wong Lea Choung. Meta-analysis Of Incidence of Early Lung Toxicity in 3-Dimensional Conformal Irradiation Of Breast Carcinomas. Radiation Oncology 2013, 8:268. doi:10.1186/1748-717X-8-268. (Open access Journal with BioMedical Central Ltd, Impact factor : 2.11)
- Tey J, Choo BA, Leong CN, Loy EY, Wong LC, Lim K, Lu JJ, Koh WY. “Clinical outcome of palliative radiotherapy for locally advanced symptomatic gastric cancer in the modern era.” Medicine (Baltimore) 2014 Nov ; 93(22): e118. (doi: 10.1097/MD.0000000000000118)
- David Chia, Jiade Lu, HuiLi Zheng, EnYun Loy, Keith Lim, ChengNang Leong, LeaChoung Wong, Gabriel Tan, Desiree Chen, Francis Ho, Jeremy Tey. Efficacy of palliative radiation therapy for symptomatic rectal cancer. Radiotherapy and Oncology 2016; 121:258–261.
- Wong LC (Main author & Editor). ‘生命的火炼 – 跨越癌关’ 第二版 (CCL Publications P/L, Singapore, Nov 2009).
- Wong LC. Hope beyond Cancer 1st English Edition (Armour Publishing, Singapore, August 2016).
Updated as of 19 September 2017