Senior Consultant, Department of Diagnostic Imaging, National University Hospital
Dr Yeong obtained his MBBS degree from the NUH in 1982 and became a Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists (London) in 1989. He was consultant radiologist and section chief of interventional radiology at the SGH before taking up the post of senior consultant and Head of the Department of Diagnostic Imaging at the National Cancer Centre in 2000. He then left for private practice for more then a decade whereby he was a senior and managing partner of diagnostic radiology at Raffles Hospital. He rejoined the public sector (NUH) as senior consultant diagnostic and interventional radiologist in 2012. As a clinician educator, he is as assistant professor with the YLL SoM and is also an appointed National Examiner for the American Board of Medical Specialities - Singapore (Diagnostic Radiology).
Education and Fellowships
- Diagnostic body imaging
- Interventional radiology with special interest in hepatobiliary, gastrointestinal and gynaecological interventions
- Member, Singapore Society of Radiologists
- Fellow, Academy of Medicine, Singapore
- Defecating Proctography, Local experience. KY Yeong, Annals of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore.Vol.22 No.5, 684-687, Sept.1994.
- The Use of Metallic Stents in the Treatment of Malignant Superior Vena Cava Obstruction. B.S. Tan, M.M.Htoo, K.Y.Yeong, Annals of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore. Vol. 24, No.2, 198-203, March 1995.
- Angiographic Demonstration of Primary Aorto-enteric Fistula - A Case Report. K.Y.Yeong, Annals of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore. Vol.24 No.3, 467 - 469, May 1995.
- Absent portal vein presenting as rectal bleeding: a case report. J.S.Y. Lee, K.Y. Yeong, K.C. Soo, J.R. Coll. Surg. Edinb., 39, April 1994, 118-123.
- Radiological Placement of 211 Central venous Catheters : Outcome and Complications. LL Chan, BS Tan, GJL Kaw, RHG Lo, KY Yeong, MM Htoo, EK Tan Ann Acad Med, Singapore 1999: 28: 481-7.
- Tubular Oesophageal Duplications Presenting with oesophagitis. Tsou Y Y, K Y Yeong. AOJR, Vol. 4, No.4, Oct – Dec 99.
- Percutaneous Stent Placements in Malignant Superior Vena Cava Obstruction. Tay K H, Tan B S, Lau T N, R. Lo, Yeong K Y, A Htoo. SGH Proceedings. Vol 8. No 4. 1999.
- Indwelling Catheters for the management of malignant ascites. Lee A, Lau T N, Yeong K Y Support Care Cancer 2000 Nov.8 ( 6 ): 493 – 9.
- Tubular Oesophageal Duplications Presenting with Oesophagitis. Tsou IYY, Yeong K Y . AOJR, Vol.4 No.4 Oct – Dec. 99.
Updated as of 8 October 2014