||Consultant Medical Oncologist, Department of Haematology-Oncology, National University Cancer Institute Singapore|
Dr Zee Ying Kiat received his medical degree with distinction from University College London and is a Consultant Medical Oncologist at the National University Cancer Institute, Singapore (NCIS). He completed his fellowship training at The Christie Hospital and Paterson Institute for Cancer Research in the United Kingdom, where his focus was on cancer-related clinical pharmacology and biomarker research. At NCIS, he conducts early phase clinical trials of novel anti-cancer drugs that incorporate imaging, tissue and circulating biomarker exploration. Dr Zee also has a special interest in gastrointestinal, hepatobiliary and pancreatic cancers.
Education and Fellowships
University College London (MBBS), United Kingdom Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP), United Kingdom, Research Fellowship at The Christie Hospital and Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, United Kingdom
Hepatobiliary and pancreatic cancer
Awards and Honours
National Healthcare Group Investigator-Clinician Career Development Award
Clinician Scientist Unit Pitch for Funds Award
National Medical Research Council Clinician Investigator Salary Support Grant
National University Cancer Institute Centre Grant – Junior Investigator Protected Time Grant
- Tumours of the Chest – Biology, Diagnosis and Management. Syrigos KN, Nutting CM; Roussos CI (Editors). Chapter – Genetics of Lung Cancer. Springer. 2006 May. 1st edition. (Book Chapter Contribution)
- Ling W, Sachdeva P, Wong AS, Lee SC, Zee YK. An unprecedented case of tumor lysis syndrome in a patient with metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Pancreas. In press.
- Goh BC, Zee YK, Lee SC. Pharmacogenetics for oncology practice. Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2011 Aug;40(8):348-349.
- Chan SW, Zee YK, Jayson GC, Harris J. 'Risky' research and participants' interests: the ethics of Phase 2C clinical trials. Clin Ethics. 2011 Jun;6(2):91-96.
- Griffiths RW, Zee YK, Evans S, Mitchell CL, Kumaran G, Welch RS, Jayson GC, Clamp AR, Hasan J. Outcomes following multiple lines of chemotherapy for platinum-resistant epithelial cancers of ovary, peritoneum and fallopian tube. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2011 Jan;21(1):58-65.
- Zee YK, Chan SW, Harris J, Jayson GC. The ethical and scientific case for phase 2C clinical trials. Lancet Oncol. 2010 May;11(5):410-1.
- Zee YK, O'Connor JP, Parker GJ, Jackson A, Clamp AR, Taylor MB, Clarke NW, Jayson GC. Imaging angiogenesis of genitourinary tumors. Nat Rev Urol. 2010 Feb;7(2):69-82.
- Zee YK, Soo RA. Non-small cell lung cancer presenting with neoplastic fever at diagnosis and relapse. Int J Infect Dis. 2009 Aug 20. [Epub ahead of print]
- Zee YK, Chin TM, Wong AS. Fatal cystic change of brain metastasis after response to gefitinib in non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2009 Oct 20;27(30):e145-6.
- Zee YK, Eisen T. Survival from lung cancer in England and Wales up to 2001. Br J Cancer. 2008 Sep 23;99 Suppl 1:S43-6.
- Banerji U, Ashley S, Coward J, Hughes S, Zee Y, Benepal T, Norton A, Eisen T, O'Brien M. The association of chemotherapy induced neutropenia on treatment outcomes in small cell lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2006 Dec;54(3):371-7.
- Chee CB, Boudville IC, Chan SP, Zee YK, Wang YT. Patient and disease characteristics, and outcome of treatment defaulters from the Singapore TB control unit--a one-year retrospective survey. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2000 Jun;4(6):496-503.