||Consultant, Department of Diagnostic Imaging, National University Hospital (NUH)
Dr James Hallinan has been practicing in Singapore since 2008 and is an Associate Consultant at the Department of Diagnostic Imaging, National University Hospital, Singapore. He obtained his medical degree (MBChB) from Bristol University, United Kingdom and underwent radiology training at the National University Hospital, Singapore. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists, United Kingdom. His subspeciality interests are in musculoskeletal and neuroradiology.
Education and Fellowships
MBChB (Hons) from Bristol University, UK, Bachelor of Science- BSc (Hons) in Cancer Biology and Immunology (Pathology) from Bristol Univeristy, UK
- Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Singapore Medical Association- member since 2008
- Singapore radiological Society- member since 2009
- European Society of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Radiological Society of North America
Research and Conferences
- 15th ASEAN Association of Radiology Congress, 2011, Singapore.
- Oral presentation: Hallinan J, Venkatesh SK, Peters L, So J (2011). Correlation of CT Volumetry with Tumour Staging of Gastric Carcinomas. First runner-up: Young Radiologist Investigator’s Award.
- Poster presentation: Hallinan J, Lim W, Hegde A (2011). Dilemmas and Diagnostic Difficulties in Meningioma. First runner-up: Best Poster Presentation (Educational).
- European congress of Radiology, Vienna, Austria, 2011/2012 and 2013.
- Invest in the Youth Scholarship awards for 2012 and 2013.
- American Roentgen Ray Society, Chicago, USA, 2011.
- Oral presentation: Hallinan J, Venkatesh SK, So J (2011). CT volumetry for assessment of response of advanced gastric carcinoma to neoadjuvant chemotherapy.
- Radiological society of North America, annual conference, Chicago, USA.
- Oral Presentation: Hallinan J, Tan CH, Pua U (2012). Dual-phase CT for the Detection of Active Haemorrhage in Abdominopelvic Trauma: Direct Comparison with Angiography.
- Poster Presentation: Hallinan J, Tan CH, Pua U (2012). Emergent Computed Tomography for Acute Pelvic Trauma: Where is the Bleeder?
Selected Publications (since 2013)
- Hallinan JT, Alsaif HS, Wee A, Venkatesh SK. Magnetic Resonance Elastography of Liver: Influence of Intravenous Gadolinium Administration on Measured Liver Stiffness. Abdom Imaging. 2014 Oct 21.
- Hallinan JT, Venkatesh SK. Gastric carcinoma: imaging diagnosis, staging and assessment of treatment response. Cancer Imaging. 2013 May 30;13:212-27.
- Hallinan JT, Anil G. Multi-detector computed tomography in the diagnosis and management of acute aortic syndromes. World J Radiol. 2014 Jun 28;6(6):355-65.
- Hallinan JT, Venkatesh SK, Peter L, Makmur A, Yong WP, So JB. CT volumetry for gastric carcinoma: association with TNM stage. Eur Radiol. 2014 Dec;24(12):3105-14.
- Hallinan JT, Tan CH, Pua U. Emergency computed tomography for acute pelvic trauma: where is the bleeder? Clin Radiol. 2014 May;69(5):529-37.
- Hallinan JT, Hegde AN, Lim WE. Dilemmas and diagnostic difficulties in meningioma. Clin Radiol. 2013 Aug;68(8):837-44.
Updated as of 1 January 2017