Division of Surgical Oncology (Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery), National University Cancer Institute, Singapore (NCIS)
Division of General Surgery (Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery), University Surgical Cluster, National University Hospital (NUH)
National University of Singapore (NUS)
As a general surgeon specializing in gastrointestinal surgery, Prof Ti has had decades of experience in the surgical treatment of cancers of the oesophagus, stomach, colo-rectum, liver, pancreas, breast and thyroid.
Prof Ti started his career in academic surgery in 1971 at the University of Malaya. He was promoted to Associate Professor in 1976 and Head of Department in 1978. In 1979 he joined the University of Singapore as Associate Professor. He was made full Professor in 1988, and headed the newly created Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery at the National University Hospital (1987-1999).
His sabbatical studies abroad include stints at Universities of Utah, Pittsburgh, Cambridge and Melbourne. Prof Ti has also received professional awards of FRACS in 1980, FRCSE (Ad Hominum) in 1993 and appointed as Emeritus Consultant of NUH in 2004.
Education and Fellowships
MBBS, MD, FRCS, FRACS, FRCSE
Awards and Honours
- Ti, T K, “Radical surgery for gastric cancer in Singapore”. Surgery Today—The Japanese Journal of Surgery, 25 (1995): 573-578
- Ti, T K, Pattern and surgical treatment of gastric cancer in Singapore. British Journal of Surgery, 80 (1993): 886-889
- Ti T K, “Radical surgery for gastric and oesophageal cancer—a Singapore experience”. Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh. 31(1986):277-281
- Ti. T K, “Oesophageal carcinoma associated with corrosive injury—prevention and treatment by oesophageal resection. British Journal of Surgery, 67 (1980):798-800. Also abstracted in German, Extracta Gastroenterologica , 10 (1981);211-2.
- Ti, T K, “Five year survival following surgery for colo-rectal cancer. A Singapore Experience”, Singapore Medical Journal, (1993): 391-321
- Ti, T K, A Rauff and H S Goh, “Anterior resection using the circular stapling instrument---a Singapore experience. Australian and New Zealand Journal of surgery, 56,(1986): 919-22
- Ti T K, “Liver resection for malignancy”. CME Review, 4 (1994)71-4
- Ti, T K, and N K Yong, “Combination cancer chemotherapy—a clinical trial on outpatients”. Medical Journal of Malaysia, 28 (1974): 165-70
Updated as of 1 October 2014