Every year, about 60 applications are provided with financial assistance by the NCIS Cancer Fund. This fund makes it possible for NCIS to assist less fortunate cancer patients with critical cancer treatments. This support can vary from initiation of treatment to ensuring continuity in their treatment and medical follow-ups.
Many NCIS patients expressed their gratitude for having benefitted directly from the fund.
"I am very grateful to the NCIS Cancer Fund for
helping me to get a scan that I could not afford. After multiple sleepless nights,
I was able to get the peace of mind when my scan results showed that there
was no cancer recurrence. Thank you so much to everyone who has put in effort to help me."
- Mr T, beneficiary of the NCIS Cancer Fund
"My father is diagnosed with metastatic prostate
cancer and has been seeing Dr Wang for the last 1.5 years. It was a little
stressful at first but I am very thankful to the medical team and nurses for their attentive care. Thank you to the medical social workers for
helping us to obtain fund for the oral medications. We really appreciate it so much."
- Mr J, son of beneficiary of the NCIS Cancer Fund
Objectives of the NCIS Cancer Fund
- To assist patients who are in financial need
- To assist in the funding of relevant research in common cancers
- To assist in the development of services that will enhance cancer care in Singapore
- To help staff keep abreast of the advances in cancer management
Beneficiaries of the NCIS Cancer Fund