As one of the newest support groups to be established, the Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS) Support Group was initiated to reach out and support the needs of MDS patients and their caregivers.
As MDS is a disease encompassing a spectrum of stages, MDS patients experience a varied range of symptoms, treatments and emotional needs. Thus, the support group functions to provide both medical and psycho-social support for both the patients and their caregivers.
Together with Singapore General Hospital (SGH), the MDS Support Group hopes to grow as a community that encourages one another to enjoy life beyond one's medical condition.
What We Have To Offer
- Twice a year support group meetings together with SGH
- Involvement of medical healthcare professionals for education and discussion of current medical practices and psycho-social needs
- A platform for emotional support amongst fellow MDS patients and their caregivers via both formal and personal patient sharing sessions
Activities & Programmes
- Talks by doctors and other allied healthcare professionals
- Patient sharing sessions
- Integrative lifestyle programmes